Have you ever wanted to socialise with friends while playing the classic numbers game of bingo, but didn’t know where to start? If this sounds familiar, then this quick read is for you. You can now play this game with your friends online and enjoy the classic bingo experience. Keep reading to learn everything you need to know about this game before you put your skills to the test.
Before the game begins
Though a game of chance, bingo is relatively easy to understand and play. Numbers are drawn or called randomly, while the players mark their cards as quickly as possible to achieve certain patterns or cross off a line. These patterns can be diagonal, horizontal, vertical or any other predetermined shape. While playing online, the casino software automatically chooses random numbers for you. However, you can decide to get different numbers to play, if you are unhappy with the numbers on your card. Online bingo also allows you to adjust the settings by changing the colour of your card and choose whether to daub or have the casino do it automatically.
- Purchase your bingo tickets or cards
- The game officially begins when the first number from the ball blower is called. This number will just appear on your screen while playing online.
- Players use a marker known as a dauber to mark the tickets when the called number appears on their card (s). You can choose to have it done automatically when playing online.
- As the announcer continues to call the numbers, check whether you have a complete pattern or line.
- The first player to get a complete pattern or line with five numbers wins. This process is more or less automatic when playing online.
- If two or more players win at the same time, the prize money is equally shared.
Here are different bingo versions that you will find in most online casinos to make things more interesting:
- 90-ball bingo: Popularly played in Australia and Europe, the bingo tickets have 3 rows and 9 columns, with numbers ranging from 1-90.
- 80-ball bingo: This variation is widely played in online casinos, and the ticket is a 4×4 square. The numbers range from 1-80.
- 30-ball bingo: This variation is also called ‘speed bingo’ and is played on a small 3×3 bingo card. Due to its size, its quick to play and only a blackout pattern variation can win.
Below are some of the most common patterns you need to win in online bingo:
- Lines: This is the most common pattern variation in bingo, and it involves making a diagonal, vertical or horizontal line to win.
- T’s: As the name indicates, you need to make a capital T on your card, for you to win using this variation. The vertical line has to be in the middle low while the horizontal line can be at the top or bottom.
- U’s: This pattern variation requires you to form a ‘U’ shape, by marking the numbers around three connecting sides of your ticket.
- Blackout Bingo: this variation is typical in a 30-ball bingo, and it requires you to mark all the numbers on your card.
- Square Bingo: This variation requires you to mark all the four sides of your ticket to form a square. You may leave some numbers unmarked to make a Broken Picture frame pattern.
Play bingo online today!
With such simple Frules and a variety of patterns, nothing can stop you from playing bingo today. Also, though this is primarily a game of chance, you can apply several strategies increase your chances of winning. Keep in mind that it is very little you can do to change the randomness of numbers. However, you can increase your chances of winning by playing multiple cards, reducing the competition and keeping an eye on special offers in chat rooms.